Play for Something Paperback Book
Inspiration, Strategies, and Know-How for College Athlet
Play for Something: Inspiration, Strategies, and Know-How for College Athletes to Succeed in the Classroom and BeyondAuthor: Malte KramerPublisher: Peterson Nelnet CoCategory: Moral & Social Purpose Of Education, Moral & Social Purpose Of Education, Education: Care & Counselling Of Students, Education: Care & Counselling Of Students, Higher & Further Education, Tertiary Education, Higher & Further Education, Tertiary Education, Advice On Careers & Achieving Success, Memory Improvement & Thinking Techniques, Study & Revision GuidesAge Group: 15+Book Format: Paperback
Play For Something provides student athletes with the inspiration, strategies, and practical knowledge to succeed in the classroom and beyond.
Written by a Division 1 basketball player who graduated as the valedictorian of his class with a 4.0 GPA, this book covers everything from study strategies to productivity theory, memory mastery to effective writing strategies, and homesickness to networking.
Play for Something contains insightful stories from some of the world's leading athletes and business experts, including Olympians, Academic All-Americans, and prominent business leaders.
The book has three parts:
- The first part of the book deals with the motivation and inspiration student athletes often miss when it comes to academics and a career beyond athletics. This book helps student athletes identify their passion and learn from the success stories of others.
- The second part of the book is devoted to the systems and knowledge that allow students to excel, including character building, life balance, networking, support systems, and personal branding.
- The third part of the book provides the practical tips and tricks the author used to maintain a 4.0 GPA through four years of college, offering exceptional techniques to help improve college writing, research, and citation skills.
A must-read for student athletes, Play for Something offers:
- Memory tricks
- Speed-reading techniques
- Test-taking strategies to beat stress and anxiety
- Five ways to find your true inspiration
Remember! This book shares what student athletes need to know for success in college and in life! Find your passion. Excel personally. Be exceptional. Take the time to read it!
About Malte KramerMalte Kramer is a German-born athlete, turned serial-entrepreneur, speaker, and author. He's the founder of multiple ventures including GIVVR, a unique fundraising and awareness platform for nonprofits, and Luxury Presence, a technology solution for luxury real estate agents. In 2010, Malte came to the United States on a basketball scholarship to attend Pepperdine University. Four years later, he graduated as the valedictorian of his class, with a perfect 4.0 GPA and a degree in economics. While still at Pepperdine, Malte was accepted as a deferred admit to Stanford Business School and will take his place in the class of 2018. Malte is the oldest of three brothers and a big fan of NBA star Dirk Nowitzki.
|Brand||Peterson Nelnet Co|
|Artist / Author||Malte Kramer|